The goal of this program is to provide Robinson students the opportunity to supplement and enrich their current educational experiences in a familiar and safe environment. All classes are held on the Robinson campus and are designed for children in grades K-5.
View Class Descriptions for details about classes.
Kinder Only Class: Take a look at a special class on Tuesday that meets right after Kindergarten dismissal. Children will be picked up from their classrooms for a snack and then escorted to their enrichment class.
Kindergarten students are also invited to enroll in 3pm classes on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. However, supervision is not provided until 2:30 unless students are enrolled in the earlier 1:30 class, on Tuesday. Students at EDP will be picked up by MBX staff for 3:00 classes.
Cross District Enrollment: Are you looking for a special challenge? The Exciting World of Robotics (at Meadows) is open to all elementary students, grades 3 – 5, district-wide. This class is led by students from Mira Costa’s Robotics club under the supervision of Mira Costa’s Robotics teacher. Enrollment is open to non-Meadows students on September 11.
Interested in a class that is only offered at another school? No problem! On Monday, September 11, you can enroll in classes at other sites. To register for classes at a site other than Robinson: during registration, filter your search by the location of the school where the class is offered.
Deadline to enroll: Monday, September 18, midnight. Classes will be confirmed or canceled based on enrollment at that time. Classes canceled due to insufficient enrollment will not be reopened.
Enrollment after September 18: Student will be added to a class beginning the second week, if space permits, at the full session fee.
Thank you in advance for adhering to these policies in order to ensure a safe and structured after school environment for all students.
- If you signed up for MBX enrichment classes last year, use the same login account you created previously.
- Returning students: Be sure to update your grade, teacher, room number, EDP status and other important information during registration.
- If you are new to MBX enrichment then you will need to create a new account in the name of an adult family member, then add a child to your account during the registration process.
Gina Marcarelli, program coordinator, at (310) 415-6883 or [email protected] for information or questions.
- Begin September 25 for a 10-week session.
- No Classes:
- Week of November 6-10
- Monday, November 13 (Make up day December 18)
- Week of November 20-24 (Thanksgiving Break)
- The Exciting World of Robotics (at Meadows) begins Friday, 9/29 for 9 weeks. Class meets 3–4:30pm.
$220 – 10 week session
Note: Select classes have different fees. See registration listing.
- Last day to drop a class and receive full refund without the $25 fee: September 18
- Classes dropped September 19-29 receive full refund less $25 fee. Exceptions are classes where the student minimum is affected by the cancellation. In this case, the site coordinator will contact you.
- No refunds after: September 29
In front of school on Morningside.
On time pick up is strictly enforced and there will be a $1/minute late fee charged.
Additional Program and Class Information
Class Confirmation Information
Class confirmations will be emailed to parents prior to the start of the session by the on-site coordinator. Classes are filled on a first come basis and may be canceled or adjusted due to insufficient enrollment.
Updated Program Info
Please check the Tuesday Bulletin or this website.
Student Code of Conduct
A safe and positive learning environment will be maintained on campus at all times. All rules and regulations observed during the school day will be upheld throughout the enrichment classes. Students are expected to respect the personal rights of their peers and to abide by the expectations of instructors and MBX Foundation staff. In the event of misconduct, the parent will be notified. If the unacceptable behavior is repeated, the child will be removed from the remaining classes. The MBX Foundation thanks students and parents for respecting the Code of Conduct and for contributing to an enjoyable and enriching experience for all children.
Nancy Rosenburg, After School Program Director
[email protected]; (310) 503-1771