The goal of this program is to provide Meadows students the opportunity to supplement and enrich their current educational experiences in a familiar and safe environment. All classes are held on the Meadows campus and are designed for children in grades K-5.
View Class Descriptions for details about classes.
Kinder Only Classes: Take a look at a special class on Thursday that meets right after Kindergarten dismissal. Children will be picked up from their classrooms for a snack and then escorted to their enrichment class.
Kindergarten students are also invited to enroll in 3pm classes on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Students at EDP will be picked up by MBX staff. However, supervision is not provided until 2:05 unless students are enrolled in the earlier 1:45 class, on Thursday. Students enrolled in Wednesday 1:40 classes will be picked up at their classrooms at 1:20 and escorted to their enrichment class.
Cross District Enrollment: Interested in a class that is only offered at another school? No problem! On Monday, January 15, you can enroll in classes at other sites. To register for classes at a site other than Meadows: during registration, filter your search by the location of the school where the class is offered.
Deadline to enroll: Monday, January 22, midnight. Classes will be confirmed or canceled based on enrollment at that time. Classes canceled due to insufficient enrollment will not be reopened.
Enrollment after January 22: Student will be added to a class beginning the second week, if space permits, at the full session fee.
- If you signed up for MAP classes last year or last session, use the same login account you created previously.
- Returning students: Be sure to update your grade, teacher, room number, EDP status and other important information during registration.
- If you are new to MAP then you will need to create a new account in the name of an adult family member, then add a child to your account during the registration process.
Marina Trachy, on-site coordinator, at (310) 947-2078 or [email protected] for information.
- Begin January 29 for an 8-week session (Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday except Musical Theatre which is a 10-week session) or 7-week session (Thursday/Friday)
- No Classes:
- Week of February 19-23 (Presidents’ Holiday Recess)
- Thursday, March 15 (Open House Minimum Day)
- The Exciting World of Robotics (at Meadows) begins Friday, 2/2 for 7 weeks. Class meets 3–4:30pm.
- $176 – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday classes (8 weeks)
- $154 – Thursday classes (7 weeks)
- $220 – Musical Theatre (10 weeks)
Note: Select classes have different fees. See registration listing.
- Last day to drop a class and receive full refund without the $25 fee: January 22
- Classes dropped January 23 – February 2 receive full refund less $25 fee. Exceptions are classes where the student minimum is affected by the cancellation. In this case, the site coordinator will contact you.
- No refunds after: February 2
Outdoor cafeteria tables for all classes.
On time pick up is strictly enforced and there will be a $1/minute late fee charged.
Additional Program and Class Information
School Dismissal Procedures
- 1st and 2nd grade students will be picked up from their classroom and escorted to Snacktivity in the cafeteria by MAP staff during the entire session.
- 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students walk to Snacktivity in the cafeteria on their own during the entire session.
- Kindergarteners enrolled in 3:00 classes can be brought to Snacktivity in the cafeteria at any time after 2:05.
- Kindergarteners will be escorted from EDP to Snacktivity. Kindergarteners, 1st and 2nd grade students will be escorted to EDP by MAP staff at the end of their enrichment class.
- 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students return to EDP on their own at the end of their enrichment class after checking out with MAP staff.
Class Confirmation Information and List
Emailed to parents prior to the start of the session by the on-site coordinator. Classes are filled on a first come basis and may be canceled/adjusted if necessary due to insufficient enrollment.
Student Code of Conduct
A safe and positive learning environment will be maintained on campus at all times. All rules and regulations observed during the school day will be upheld throughout the enrichment classes. Students are expected to respect the personal rights of their peers and to abide by the expectations of instructors and MBX Foundation staff. In the event of misconduct, the parent will be notified. If the unacceptable behavior is repeated, the child will be removed from the remaining classes. The MBX Foundation thanks students and parents for respecting the Code of Conduct and for contributing to an enjoyable and enriching experience for all children.
Nancy Rosenburg, After School Program Director
[email protected]; (310) 503-1771