Grand View School
The goal of this program is to provide Grand View students the opportunity to supplement and enrich their current educational experiences in a familiar and safe environment. All classes are held on the Grand View campus and are designed for children in grades TK-5.
View Class Descriptions for details about classes.
TK/Kinder Only Classes: Take a look at special classes on Monday and Thursday that meet right after TK/Kinder dismissal. Children will be picked up from their classrooms for a snack and then escorted to their enrichment class.
TK/Kinder students are also invited to enroll in 3pm classes on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. However, supervision is not provided until 2:15 unless students are enrolled in the earlier 1:45/1:30 classes on Monday and Thursday. Students at EDP will be picked up by MBX staff. Students enrolled in Wednesday 1:50 classes will be picked up at their classrooms and escorted to their enrichment class.
Cross District Enrollment: Are you looking for a special challenge? The Exciting World of Robotics (at Meadows) is open to all elementary students, grades 3-5, district-wide. This class is led by students from Mira Costa’s Robotics club under the supervision of Mira Costa’s Robotics teacher. Enrollment is open to non-Meadows students on January 15.
Interested in a class that is only offered at another school? No problem! On Monday, January 15, you can enroll in classes at other sites. To register for classes at a site other than Grand View: during registration, filter your search by the location of the school where the class is offered.
Deadline to enroll: Monday, January 22, midnight. Classes will be confirmed or canceled based on enrollment at that time. Classes canceled due to insufficient enrollment will not be reopened.
Enrollment after January 22: Student will be added to a class beginning the second week, if space permits, at the full session fee.
Thank you in advance for adhering to these policies in order to ensure a safe and structured after school environment for all students.
- If you signed up for GAP classes last year or last session, use the same login account you created previously.
- Returning students: Be sure to update your grade, teacher, room number, EDP status and other important information during registration.
- If you are new to GAP then you will need to create a new account in the name of an adult family member, then add a child to your account during the registration process.
Gina Marcarelli, on-site coordinator, at (310) 415-6883 or [email protected] for info or questions. Please do not contact GV office for After School Program questions, unless an emergency.
- Begin January 29 for an 8-week session (Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday) or 7-week session (Thursday/Friday)
- No Classes:
- Week of February 19-23 (Presidents’ Holiday Recess)
- Thursday, March 15 (Open House Minimum Day)
- The Exciting World of Robotics (at Meadows) begins Friday, 2/2 for 7 weeks. Class meets 3–4:30pm.
- $176 – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday classes (8 weeks)
- $154 – Thursday classes (7 weeks)
Note: Select classes have different fees. See registration listing.
- Last day to drop a class and receive full refund without the $25 fee: January 22
- Classes dropped January 23 – February 2 receive full refund less $25 fee. Exceptions are classes where the student minimum is affected by the cancellation. In this case, the site coordinator will contact you.
- No refunds after: February 2
Playground gate by office for ALL classes except Sound Arts (Pick up at the PAC).
On time pick up is strictly enforced and there will be a $1/minute late fee charged.
Additional Program and Class Information
Morning Kinder-Only Classes
(See schedule) Children are supervised at all times; parents are not expected to return to school until the end of enrichment class.
Sound Arts – Winter/Spring
Enrollment opens on January 11, 9am
If your child attends EDP, his/her after school enrichment schedule will be coordinated with the EDP staff to ensure that students are escorted to/from EDP as required.
Class Confirmation Information
Emailed to parents prior to the start of the session by the on-site coordinator. Classes are filled on a first come basis and may be canceled/adjusted if necessary due to insufficient enrollment.
For updates Check weekly Gator Gazette, or this website
Student Code of Conduct
A safe and positive learning environment will be maintained on campus at all times. All rules and regulations observed during the school day will be upheld throughout the enrichment classes. Students are expected to respect the personal rights of their peers and to abide by the expectations of instructors and MBX Foundation staff. In the event of misconduct, the parent will be notified. If the unacceptable behavior is repeated, the child will be removed from the remaining classes. The MBX Foundation thanks students and parents for respecting the Code of Conduct and for contributing to an enjoyable and enriching experience for all children.
Nancy Rosenburg, After School Program Director
[email protected]; (310) 503-1771